Contract: 1 year
Location: Spring TX
Job Title: Azure Cloud Developer
Pay Rate: $55 per hour
• 3+ years of experience in building highly scalable and reliable Azure cloud services leveraging App Services, Service Bus, Azure SQL DB, Azure API Management and other PAAS components.
• 3+ years of experience working on an Agile team and following Agile processes like SCRUM and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Deep understanding and experience developing REST services with .NET
• Good understanding of web authentication and authorization methods including Oauth2 and OpenId Connect.
• Experience with Azure AD and multi-tenant applications.
• Experience with both Azure IaaS and PaaS • Experience of PowerShell coding and execution
• General networking/network security understandings such as Address Space, CIDR notation, subnet, protocol, routing, NSG, VPN, etc.
• Data privacy and encryption
• Implemented solutions leveraging Azure storage solutions such as Blob, Tables, and Queues
• Good knowledge in SQL Server development including T-SQL queries, stored procedures, functions.
• Proficient in Test Driven development (TDD) using tools such as Microsoft Unit Test.
• Good knowledge of fundamental frameworks including Unity, Entity, etc.
• Basic knowledge of the Cloud Design patterns
Interest for learning Azure and Cloud technologies and a desire to continually improve your skill set. You are a problem solver – you see a problem and think analytically and logically to develop and create the most efficient solution possible. You’re able to think outside the box and solve challenging problems in unconventional ways. Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences. You enjoy working together with an Agile team, but are capable of managing multiple tasks from start to finish alone when needed. Enjoys complicated challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment.
Azure Cloud Engineers in ExxonMobil IT are responsible for deploying and managing code, configuration and policy in Microsoft Azure. As part of a global team, you will be responsible for providing foundational IT security, API management, automation, subscription management and other core functionality for developers in multiple countries. Responsibilities also include managing integration with data centers in Europe, North America and Asia. Strong architecture and coding skills are needed in order to understand the Azure environment, develop scripts, and code automated deployment of resources (e.g., PaaS, IaaS, infrastructure as code, ARM templates). The Azure Cloud Engineer operates in a team using the Scaled Agile Framework, with a strong focus on automated deployment methodologies and tools (Azure Dev Ops Pipeline). Desired behavioral characteristics include: analytical mindset, self-starting, strong collaboration with others, customer focus, and initiative to drive problems to solutions. Houston-based.